PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
The Services are operated by or on behalf of RELX International Enterprise HK Limited trading as RELX. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the personal data we process about you is kept appropriately secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
This policy sets out:
- Information we collect about you
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use your information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Disclosure of your information
- Where we store your information
- Payment processing
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Visitors from EEA
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, including but not limited to European Economic Area data protection law (the "GDPR"), the data controller is: RELX International Enterprise HK Limited.
Information we collect about you
Certain data we collect may be defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”). To enable us to provide our services and products to users, users need to provide certain categories of data (which may include Personal Data), such as user name, address, phone number, and email address. If certain data is required, we will let you know at the time of collection. You may provide us some information by filling in forms on our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Services, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order to purchase our Product on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our Services, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit a query, and when you report a problem with our Services. Also we may automatically collect some information from you when you are visiting or using our Site.
The information we may collect on the Site includes:
- Your personally identifiable information,such as your name, shipping address, e-mail address and telephone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, login and password details, date of birth. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
- If you are registering a RELX account through social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect your account name and profile photo at those platforms. If you choose to answer our optional questionnaires for registered members, we may also collect marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such supplemental information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
- If you contact our customer service, we may record your conversation with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
- We record details of users’ activities on the Site. Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site, your buying and browsing activities on our platform.
- When you are visiting the Site, we may collect your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- In connection with any transaction and payment services, information, including but not limited to, payment or credit card information, billing address and delivery information may be collected to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or return, exchange, or services transacted on or procured through the Site.
Cookies and other technologies
A cookie is a small file that a website, app or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device, through your web browser (if you agree) that enables the website’s, app’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise the visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off, that you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site or complete your purchase.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them as below, and the list will be updated accordingly:
Purpose and lawful basis
This cookie is strictly necessary used to identify a user after they sign into a shop as a customer so they do not need to log in again..
This cookie is strictly necessary used in connection with buyer localization.
This cookie is strictly necessary used in connection with checkout.
This cookie is strictly necessary used to store a user's preferences if a merchant has set up privacy rules in the visitor's region.
This cookie is strictly necessary used to collect information about your use of our website. We use them to count the number of visitors and the pages visited on the website so that we can better improve our website
when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.
These cookies are analytical cookies, used to determine that two distinct hits belong to the same user across browsing sessions.
This cookie is strictly necessary used to manage customer privacy settings.
These cookies are analytical cookies, used for Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
These cookies are analytical cookies, used for Shopify ‘s analytics.
These cookies are analytical cookies, used by Shopify to track landing pages.
Third parties may also collect information via our Platform through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
How we use your information
In order to store, hold and process your data lawfully where applicable Data Protection Law (including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016), read in conjunction with and subject to any consequential national data protection legislation) applies, we rely on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract with you;
- Necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- With your consent.
With the legal grounds above, we might use your information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity and your eligibility to register as a user of the Site;
- creating, processing and managing your registration as a user;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- fulfilling, processing and managing orders, transactions and payments, providing delivery services;
- assessing account security, detecting and preventing fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity or other security incidents;
- Emailing you regarding your account or order, and personalizing our communication with you based on your browsing records and your order history;
- compiling anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties, including performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site;
- delivering targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you, in accordance with applicable laws. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes; and
- assisting law enforcement and respond to subpoena;
we may also use your Personal Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal data for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account, or selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to DataProtection@relxtech.com.
Disclosure of your information
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy or who provide shared content and services (such as registration services, transaction processing, proposition about their products or services) that we jointly offer with other members of our worldwide group. If any of these parties are using your information for direct marketing purposes, we will only transfer the information to them for that purpose with your prior consent.
- Selected third parties. Our selected third parties may include:
- Payment processing providers and Delivery services providers who perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, storage and delivery services, customer service, and marketing assistance. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions in accordance with our instructions and applicable data protection law.
- IT service providers who support the services we offer through the Services in particular those providing website and data hosting services and other IT support from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions in accordance with our instructions and applicable data protection law.
- Marketing service provider that require the data to select and serve relevant brand marketing analysis. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our marketing survey provider, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have purchased the products on any given day). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
- Business Partners. We may share your information or Personal Data with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions with your prior consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others.This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
- If you have any interaction with the Site such as posting comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity..
- We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
We may transfer your personal data outside the EEA:
· In order to store it.
· In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details excluding credit card details (card association, card scheme, credit card numbers, CVM codes and expired date), and the provision of support services.
· Where we are legally required to do so.
· In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
We may transfer your personal data to the following countries and using the following safeguards outside the EEA:
· Singapore - Standard Contractual Clauses;
Payments made on the Services are made through:
How we protect your information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to protect your personal information, to prevent unauthorized access to the Site, and to maintain data accuracy. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such external sites.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for [24 months] after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We will also periodically review the data we hold, and erase or anonymise it when no longer need it. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You will not be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account; or
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in 'Our promotional updates and communications' section;
- Your right to withdraw consent and opt-out:
Where the processing of your personal data by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. You can also change your marketing preferences and/or no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site;
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences; or
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
VISITORS FROM EEA
- Your Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided:
- To request access to your Personal Data.
- To correct, update or request deletion or erasure of your Personal Data.
- To restrict or object to processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests
- To request portability of your personal information.
If we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Data, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Changes to this policy